Saturday, September 4, 2010

Mini-Vacation

Gene and I were in Indiana this past weekend. Had the BEST TIME!

We drove home on August 26 (Thursday), I got my yearly hair cut on Friday (this year I had enough for Locks-of-love . . . so glad I did that), took Indy to the Puppy Motel Saturday morning and then left for Indianapolis . . . well, really Noblesville and then Indy later.

We went home specifically for Clay's wedding. Saturday night was the rehearsal dinner at Maggiano's . . . BIGYUMMY!Then spent the night at Kristi's. Her house reminded me of a night in the dorm when I was in college. 1st of all there was  Joe, Chase and Kristi, Joe's parent's Denise and Rick,  Joyce, Clay, Clay's best man Ryan, Gene and I. She has a 4 bedroom, 3.5 bath house . . . but she, Joe, Ryan and Clay ended up on the sofas. They had been in the basement playing some drinking game and Gene tells me, after we came home, that he played for a while . . .goofy guy!

The wedding was at 5:30 Sunday evening at Marvis in downtown Indianapolis. It's an awesome building . . reception area on 1st floor, wedding on 3rd and then wedding dinner and party on the 2nd. The wedding was adorable . .a friend of Clay's who is an ordained minister, performed the ceremony . . . so it had a special, intimate feel.

We left around 10:30 and, of course, I wiped out on the steps going from the 2nd to 1st floor. I am still surprised that I don't have more bruises. The only one that shows is where my right arm hit the banister . . as the liquid from the Coke I was holding went flying and ended up on one of their leather sofas, floor and coffee table. Joyce wondered what was taking us so long and I'm laughing. When I old her, she just shook her head and laughed. She knows how I can trip on nothing! The left knee, shin and top of the foot were sore . .  ended up getting up and going downstairs to take more Ibuprofen, sleep on Kristi's sofa and ice the knee. When I finally woke up . . the knee was actually working and not sore . . . how, I'll never know.

One of these days I know I am going to wipe out and something will break and it will probably be a bad one. Knock on wood, I haven't broken anything with all of the "graceful" falls I have had in my adult life.

Drove back to Logan on Monday, picked up Indy from the Puppy Motel and then went to Lee & Cindy's for  supper. It was so good to see everyone. Allison came for supper, Chris is home . . hopefully he gets a Landscape Architect job soon, Lauren brought Rod and Matt brought his girlfriend and her 2 sons. Was nice to meet them . . . but I need to find out if she goes by Julien or Julie . . . not sure. As Chis said, "Add water and instant nieces and nephews."  LOLOL

Drove home Tuesday took 8.5 hours . . about 1/2 hour less than going. Guess that 3rd potty stop coming home is whqt made the extra half hour?

Now, just wondering what  will get us back to Indiana next summer? In the 4 years we have been here, we have had reasons to go home: Kristi & Joe's wedding, Aunt Helen's funeral, Lee & Cindy's 40th Anniversary and last, but not least, Clay's wedding. Maybe Lauren or Matt?

I need to get back on the sampler, but I need to get a sweater for Chase made and a couple of squares for a swap done and then i will get back to business!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Did you run the turnpike thru Ohio? If so, you passed a couple of great LNS's. Will have to email you with names and such.

Girl, you need to stay on your feet not sliding around on your tush! Hope you are feeling better by now!

Glad to hear you had a good time! And glad you are back! I've been wondering where you were.

Smiles - Denise

Beansieleigh said...

Oh Paula, aside from your knee, everything sounds wonderful, and congrats to bride and groom!.. Between one thing, and another, and another, etc, etc.. I haven't stitched a square in quite a while, and my number of posts for a month's time is at an all-time low for the year!.. THREE for August on the one blog, and oh my gosh.. For my Blessings blog, I have one post for July and NONE for August!... SO-ooo THIS is not good!! I HAVE squares in mind to stitch.. I just have to get GOING on them! Summer has really sidetracked me, but I don't mean to forget my BLESSINGS!! (sigh).. My daughter's in the middle of a big move right now, and I've been helping her as much as I can, but I'll see if I can't at least stitch up ONE blessing sometime this weekend! (LOVED your car radio, by the way!!).. Hope you're glad to be back "home-sweet-home" again, and enjoying this beautiful Labor Day Weekend!! ~tina

creation said...

Dear paula,
thank you dear for being so encouraging ,as you visit me each time.
its nice to hear that you had a refreshing mim vacation . woow thats great .
howz your knee ,now ,hope its back to kicking now .
hugs
have a relaxing weekend
hugs
Rach

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I truly appreciate the fact you took the time.

Paula