Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Block 87

Car Radio


By now
you know I like music . . .
I can not be in a car
and not have the radio on . . .
and usually
it is turned on loud enough
for the whole neighborhood to
"enjoy."

I
DO NOT
like cassettes,
DVDs
or Sirius/XM channels with all music.
I need to hear commercials
and "disk jockeys",
if that is what they are still called,
talking.

If a song comes on that I dislike,
out goes the
"pointy" finger
hunting the
"scan" button on the radio.
Once I find a station
that I can sing with,
I'm happy.

Now,
for any of you '
who live in Northern Ohio,
somewhere near the 80/90
would you
PLEASE
tell the radio station's to play more oldies?
That is the only part of the drive,
from present home to former home,
that I dislike . . . .
NO SINGABLE MUSIC!

Oh,
I also MUST wake up
to a clock radio.
I get TOTALLY PISSED
when I hear an alarm ringing.
Ruins my whole day.
So the clock radio'
is always turned to an Oldies Station.
Not that we use the alarm much anymore . . .
But NO WAY
am I going to wake up to
 a RINGING ALARM! ! ! ! ! ! !

Now,
this video
has nothing to do
with why I like radios.
But,
all the time I was making this block
this was on my mind.


Dear Lord,
 How many times can I thank you for your gift of music in my life. When I hear oldies, the memories flood back. Whether good or bad, they are still the memories of my lifetime and the music is the soundtrack of my life.

Amen
(1724)

1 comments:

Denise said...

You're right. There is nothing better than a favorite song on the radio. Turn it up and sing along. I look like a fool because I kinda dance in the seat and I know the song I'm singing -- sounds nothing like the radio.

Thanks for the smile - Denise

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I truly appreciate the fact you took the time.

Paula