Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Running Behind

I can not believe it has been so long since I posted some squares. I have a couple ready, but forget to bring them down and get them scanned.

So, I shall try to make up for it by giving you a copy of my. #1 Summer Dessert recipe.

Ice Cream Salad 
Tastes like a plate full of Ice Cream Drumsticks!

1 C Brown Sugar
1 Stick Butter or Margarine
2 C Rice Chex (crushed)
2 C Shredded Coconut
1 C Almonds (sliced)
8" x 8" pan

Directions:
  1. Melt Butter and Brown Sugar together . . microwave or stove top is fine
  2. Add  Rice Chex, nuts and coconut, mix well
  3. Press 1/2 of the mixture into the bottom of the pan.
  4. Cover mixture with Ice Cream . . spread to edges of pan.
  5. Top with remaining crumbled mixture.
  6. Cover with foil and freeze.
  7. Leave out 5 - 10 minutes to soften, cut into squares and serve.

Hints:
  1. I have used Crispix, Rice Krispies and Frosted Flakes cereals in both name brand and generic. The generic tastes just as good, if not better.
  2. Butter or margarine . . mixed with brown sugar they both taste great!
  3. Normally, I make a double recipe of the topping mixture . . . I want a nice top and bottom "crust."
If you make it, let me know what you think.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I truly appreciate the fact you took the time.

Paula